- For about $7 or less a Month, you get a meal plan at a store of your choice and they have a great list of Grocers.
- Every week you are emailed a new Meal Plan
- That new meal plan uses the weeks circular to guide in menu plans so you can shop for items that your store is offering at a low price. From Ad to meals!
- You can choose plans to subscribe: Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner and can change your store Monthly for free.
- You can choose types of Meals: Classic, Vegetarian, Low Fat, Gluten Free,etc....
- You can choose Family size so you have menus that fir your portion needs
- The bottom of the plan is your shopping list with all ingredients listed and the # of meals each ingredient will be needed for.
- You cross out items you already have at home and are left with ONLY what you need to complete your meal plan for the week.
- Many plans also incorporate using larger portion one night and then a recipe for the left overs a different night to save you even more!
I take the Menu plan, circle the 5 meals I do want, leaving 1-2 days out for nights we may go out or I use meal items I already have PLUS I allow one night a week for what we call Fend Night! I cross off items I have, make a list of items I need, search my Couponizer for coupons on those items. Do a quick scan of all my circulars-the smaller Grocers in my area and make sure my items are not even cheaper elsewhere. Then I list other items we need: Milk, Bread, Drinks, Snacks, etc.. and estimate my costs.
My original list was budgeted out to $100. Allotting so much I will spend on Drinks/Snacks for the week so I don't go overboard. I did it with $102.86. Not bad and that is between QFC & Safeway combined. I have easily spent close to $6-$70 average at each store each week just grabbing and trying to coupon shop instead of list shop! On top of it, I went to my iBotta App and had some items on there I had bought at Safeway, scanned my receipt with my phone and the next morning had the alert that there is now $1.75 in my iBotta account to move to Paypal. So technically my Grocery bill for the week comes out to $101.11!