- Sneak a peak early on sites like BlackFriday.com or pay attention to Bloggers announcements.
- Have your Personal Christmas Budget and Gift Giving lists nearby as you browse to allow yourself to focus on the real need and not get caught up in your own personal shopping! See something you like? Make sure you let those who are shopping for know so you just may get that item come Christmas.
- List each store you plan to shop on its own individual paper. Start jotting down the items with greatest discounts for those on your list and state the name that gift belongs to next to it. This way you remember that if you scored that Coffee Maker for Aunt Sue, you don't accidentally pick up the Iron at a different store that was also meant for Aunt Sue assuming you allowed yourself alternate items for the same person if the one you wanted is gone before you can scoop it up.
- Hard time figuring out which store to shop first? Build a team. You all get together over coffee or if family, over Thanksgiving Day and plot your plans. One may take the other's lists to Target, another to Sears..if Toys R Us is HOT then 2 of you go there,etc.. Meet back up for Breakfast and exchange merchandise to each other, receipts and IOU's!
- Know each store's Price Match policy: Walmart, Best Buy, Sears, Target...to name a few all have price match policies online. Know them, bring all ads with you and you may need fewer stops to get all you need!
- Leave organized. I use Gallon Zip Locks bags! Each store has its own bag containing the Ad, Coupons already clipped so you don't have to fiddle at the register, list for that store.
- Know each stores hours! Some sales only go until Noon or 1pm so you may need to hit those first! Some open at 5am, some 6am..obviously you would start at the 5am store! Write each store's sale hours at the TOP of your list so it is visible to you! Pay attention deeper into the ad as you may find that Sales change times. JCPenny does this and I always have to pay close attention: They will combine their 5am-1pm sales into the post 1pm and Sat/Sun sales all in one ad!
- Last, but NOT least! EAT! Bring a Granola Bar or 2 for your purse. Buy yourself a small bottle of Coke or Pepsi or other Sugar drink that fits in the BIG purse you will bring (as a small purse can easily get lost in the shuffle and cause panic). Realizing as you stand 30 deep in line or are racing to that next destination that you are fading and your blood sugar is running low in your sleep deprived, brain dead morning is the worst detour to have to make and to decide to keep waiting can cause you to just not think right! Nourish that body & brain-you will work it hard on Black Friday!
Did I miss anything? Keep commenting below and add your own tips!